Since GTA V’s release in 2013 a plethora of hundreds of thousands of modifications have been made to support the game. The mod community is among the most dedicated gamers and that’s the case for the latest Rockstar Games creation. But, considering that GTA V is the studio’s most successful game to date, it’s understandable that GTA V would have the most mod-friendly support.
The main issue that many players face with mods is understanding how to install and download them to ensure they function in game. This can be difficult for those who may not be tech-savvy. Additionally, there’s the problem of figuring out what modifications to download in 2022 nearly 9 years since the game first launched. Below, players can find how to download the mods for GTA V and which ones they should first consider installing.
Mods to download in GTA V
Before players are able to decide what mods they need to install, they must be aware of how to download the mods. It is important to note that players are only able to use mods when playing in single-player mode, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the use of mods in GTA Online. If players try to join GTA Online with mods enabled the game will be banned.
There are a variety of steps involved in download mods to GTA V. The first part of the process is described below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Start the download on your browser, and then follow the steps to install the application will lay out
- Once the installation process is completed, open the game and then select Windows on the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue , then press the Tools box that is located on in the upper taskbar on OpenIV
- Click on ASI Manager. Install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. Choose Yes when asked.
What this process gives players is the ability where they can download, and then manage GTA V mods. Users can access the OpenIV application anytime to monitor whether their modifications are in good condition and uninstall them, or alter their settings. The next step of the process is to locate physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Go to best-modding.com
- Select a mod you want to download. You can pick a particular category of mods on the top menu bar of the site and sort them from the latest to the most popular mods in that category.
- Once a mode has been chosen Click on the box, then press the green Download button.
- Certain mods will download a .rar download file for your web browser, while other will direct you to an Github page that contains the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If the mod downloaded is a .rar file, you’ll require another program in order to view it like 7-Zip File Manager. It is available from the Microsoft Store
- After your .rar open file has been opened you’ll likely get a ReadMe document that you can open in Notepad. It will provide you with instructions on how you can download the mod
- If the mod is available on the Github page and you want to download the latest version, then download it. The mod will be downloaded as a zipped archive, that you have to extract to another folder on your computer.
- After the files have been extracted Copy then paste them to the Mods folder on the system’s GTA V game directory. This is the exact directory you have entered into the path to the files for the OpenIV application.
- Start GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of the file in GTA V’s GTA V directory or followed the directions for the .rar file
Although this procedure covers general mods available for download, there’s also mods that utilize scripts. This requires a second mod, called Script Hook for it to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and then extract the contents to another file on your computer.
- Paste the contents of the file into the directory for games in GTA V, but don’t put them in a particular folder.
- Create a brand new folder in the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose the script mod you want to download (these typically are identified with .net)
- Start the zipped Mod file then extract it again.
- Paste and copy the content of your file to the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure that you follow the instructions to use the mod provided by the mod’s creator. These directions is available in the best-modding.com page about the mod
After all these actions are done Once all of those steps are completed, players can begin to use mods at their own discretion within GTA V.
Best mods available in GTA V
If you are looking for mods to download, the options can seem overwhelming. There are a variety of kinds of genres and thousands of modifications available to select from each of the categories. Although every player’s expectations to have a mod-like experience are going to differ, we’ve created five of the top GTA V mods as of 2022.
1. GTA 5 Car Pack:
It has 200cool cars and modern and advanced vehicles. It is the most impressive GTA 5 car pack that has ever been released. With realistic, real-life vehicles. It is likely to be the most stylish GTA mods to cars that include interactive fun and expressive cars in story mode, it will make a lot of GTA fans happy. Just try it. This is likely to be the most efficient choice for you.
The players are able to download GTA 5 realistic car pack from best-modding.com.
2. GTA 5 Biggest Replacement Car Pack:
There are 220+ GTA 5 Cars (Biggest Replacement Car Pack) that appears in traffic. Selected by me a lot of them are optimized for texture. A few models have been altered. The mod includes Modern and Luxury, Sports and super Fastest Cars in GTA 5… This is an awesome GTA 5 car pack mod and you should definitely play it.
Users can obtain their biggest replacement GTA 5 car pack on best-modding.com.
3. CooooL GTA 5 Graphics Mod:
The GTA 5 Graphics Mod is perfect for players who wish to experience enhanced graphically on GTA 5 despite having low-end PCs. This is the most popular option for many gamers, since the improved visuals that this mod offers feel most real. I would suggest downloading this mod (Full Download Free).
The players are able to download Cooool GTA 5 graphics mod from best-modding.com.
4. GTA Vice City Remastered Map 2.0 – GTA 5 Mod:
GTA Vice City Remastered Map 2.0 This is a complete version from Vice Cry for GTA 5 running as a DLC and featuring numerous new features added to give players the ultimate Vice City experience. The best textures of high-quality GTA 5 map mods. Therefore, I recommend you test it out as it gives you the most immersive experience GTA Vice City. It comes with high graphics and a remastered map.
The players can get GTA Vice City remastered map 2.0 GTA Vice City remastered map 2.0 from best-modding.com.
5. The Biggest GTA 5 Garage – Near Michael’s House:
It’s the Biggest GTA 5 Garage – Near Michael’s Home: Is the ideal location for you because it’s the sole GTA 5 Garage that will offer additional spaces that include motorbikes, cars, planes, helicopters and even jetpacks, even an oppressor. It’s insane that you’ll need to put it in place and manage your car’s collection and not leave Michael’s house.
The players are able to download GTA 5’s biggest GTA 5 garage via best-modding.com.