Does your Netgear EX6120 extender keep rebooting? If yes, then let’s ease out the worry lines on your forehead. Sometimes, even the best-performing range extender can spin your head. Thus, rather than banging your head against a wall, it is always better to find a solution. If you agree with us, then walk through this post once.
Here, in this piece of writing, you will find different ways through which you can easily resolve the “Netgear EX6120 extender keeps rebooting” issue in a fly. So, without further discussion, let’s start over!
Fix: Netgear EX6120 Keeps Rebooting
1. Your Netgear Extender is Overheated
One of the major reasons why your Netgear EX6120 extender keeps on rebooting is because of overheating. So, to fix the issue, do the following:
- First things first, disconnect the EX6120 extender from your client’s devices.
- Then, unplug your Netgear EX6120 extender from the wall socket.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Plug the extender back in again.
As soon as you are done with the process, try to access the www.mywifiext.net setup page to see whether the issue is fixed or not. If not, then scroll down to the next troubleshooting tip.
2. Check the Cable Connections
As soon as you are done with troubleshooting tip 1, it is suggested to check the cable connections of your Netgear EX6120 extender. Start by:
- Checking the extender’s power adapter. Make sure that it is properly plugged in. It must be in working condition.
- Check the Ethernet connection you have made between your Netgear EX6120 extender and the existing router. Ensure that the connection is secure and strong enough.
- Make sure that you are using a non-damaged Ethernet cable to connect your devices.
If you are having issues while connecting the Netgear extender to your router using an Ethernet cable, you are free to connect them in a wireless manner.
Once you’re done with this step, try to access the Netgear EX6120 setup page using 192.168.1.250 IP.
3. Relocate Your Extender
The next troubleshooting tip in our post to fix the Netgear EX6120 extender that keeps rebooting issues is to check the placement of your device.
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is placed at its ideal location. The center-most location in your home would be better for your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Ensure that the extender isn’t placed in a corner, and near to roof or fall ceilings. Place the extender away from windows as well.
- Also, the extender must be placed away from the reach of public WiFi.
- Do not place your Netgear extender too closer to the router.
4. Update Extender’s Firmware
Another reason why your Netgear EX6120 extender keeps rebooting might be because of an outdated firmware version. In order to get the most out of your Netgear range extender, ensure that its firmware is the latest and up-to-date.
Wondering how to update Netgear extender firmware? Not anymore! Navigate to the Netgear Genie setup wizard using www.mywifiext.net for the step-by-step firmware update instructions.
5. Configure Your EX6120 Properly
In the event that you haven’t configured your Netgear WiFi range extender in a proper manner, then you will surely face the WiFi keeps disconnecting issue. Thus, ensure to configure your EX6120 properly and get the most out of it. For Netgear extender configuration, do the following:
- Power on your Netgear extender.
- Connect the EX6120 device to your router.
- Wait for the power LED on the Netgear device to become stable.
- Turn on a desktop or laptop.
- Open a web browser.
- Hover the mouse cursor to the browser’s address bar.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net.
- Provide the extender’s admin credentials.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
As soon as you configure your Netgear EX6120 extender, you will experience a change in your WiFi connection like never before. Apart from this, all the technical issues with the device will get fixed.
The Final Words
So, that was all about our post to fix the “Netgear EX6120 extender keeps rebooting” issue. On the off chance if you still have any doubts or queries, feel free to drop them into the comments section.