Pakistani Traditional Iftar recipes: Iftar in Pakistan is the main highlight of the Holy month of Ramadan and the most important meal of the day. People prepare for iftar dishes even before Ramadan starts and it is a very joyous time to prepare and eat delicious dishes. All members of the family come together at one table and break their fast. Sometimes guests are also invited to join the table and big family feasts are hosted to celebrate Ramadan and Iftar together.
Pakistani Iftar recipes are always consisting of a variety of local and traditional dishes. Although people don’t hesitate in bringing international colors to their table as well, they opt for whichever dishes are easier and quicker to prepare. Sooperchef brings a lot of recipes that are rich in taste & nutrients, easy to make at home, and serves a restaurant-like taste at home.
Chicken Paratha recipe:
Parathas have been around for centuries and are a very essential part of breakfast, Sehri, iftar, or any time you’re hungry. People have been trying out different innovative recipes to make their parathas more fun to eat.
This time, we are here with a new chicken paratha recipe, which you can make at Sehri of iftar to bring some diversity to your meals. This exclusive chicken paratha recipe is amazing and serves as a complete meal. Find the recipe below, try it out and memorize it because we are sure this is going to be your kids’ new favorite.
For the chicken filling:
Chicken (Boiled & Shredded): 300g
Chopped Green Chili: 2
Crushed Red Chili: 1 Tbsp
Garam Masala Powder: ¼ tsp
Salt as per taste
Cumin Powder: ½ Tbsp
Coriander powder: ½ Tbsp
Fresh Coriander: 2 Tbsp
Grated Cheddar Cheese: 4 Tbsp
Grated Mozzarella Cheese: 4 Tbsp
Wheat flour: 2 cups
Cooking Oil: 1 Tbsp
Salt on Pinch
Warm Milk as Needed
- In a bowl, add flour, salt, and cooking oil.
- Mix them well and gradually add milk.
- Knead until the dough is formed.
- Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
Then to make the chicken filling:
- Add all the ingredients e.g. chillis, salt, garam masala, coriander, cumin powder, onion, etc. in a bowl along with the chicken.
- Mix it well until the chicken is fully marinated.
To cook parathas:
- Roll 2 small dough balls.
- Take one of those, flatten it, and spread the chicken mixture.
- Spread some mozzarella and cheddar cheese on it.
- Cover the dough with the other dough ball.
- Press the edges so it won’t open while cooking.
- Fry it on the pan until it’s golden brown from both sides.
A very delicious chicken cheese paratha is ready, eat it with chatni to enhance the taste even more.
Kabuli Pulao recipe:
Since we’ve mentioned that people don’t hesitate to add international cuisine in Pakistani Iftar recipes, we suggest you try the Kabuli pulao recipe for Iftar this Ramadan.
Kabuli pulao is a very famous Afghani dish, rich in flavor and very delicious. You can easily make that at home and rock the party. Here is the recipe you’ve looking for:
Mutton: 600 gm
Water: 4 cup
Whole Hot Spices: 10 gm
Salt As per taste
Mutton Stock: 2 cups
Half cup Sugar
Garlic Cloves: 4
Green Chilies: 4
Cooking Oil: 4 TBSP
Coriander Powder: 1 TSP
Almond: 10 gm
Raisins: 10 gm
Cashew: 10 gm
Green Chili: 4
Pistachio: 10 gm
Cumin Powder: 1 TSP
Garlic (chopped): 1 TBSP
Whole Cumin: 1 TBSP
Cardamom powder: 1 TSP
Guard Rice: 700 gm
Yogurt: Half cup
- Take a pan. Add the meat, salt, onion, garlic, garam masala in it. Then add 3 cups of water and boil it.
- After it’s boiled, separate the stock for later use.
- Dip the rice in water separately for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Take another pan, add carrot, sugar, raisin, cashew, almonds, cardamom powder, and pistachio with water. Boil it for 2 to 3 minutes and then stir it.
- Add cooking oil, onion, cumin, garam masala, and green chili in another pan and fry it until it’s golden brown.
- After that, add mutton, garlic, salt, cumin powder, yogurt, coriander powder into it. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Then add the stored mutton stock, soaked rice, cover it and cook.
- When the water almost absorbs, add garnishing and simmer it for 10 to 15 minutes.
Your homemade Kabuli pulao recipe is ready to serve. It can take up to 1 hour to cook and the end result is totally worth the effort.
Pakistani iftar recipes are worldly known for being savory and instant. The best way to keep your health in care is to make these at home so you’re sure about the quality of ingredients used in them.