Cough is one of the most common things that happen to individuals. It is a way of the human body that helps in clearing the airway. It can be caused by many things such as dust, pollen grains, strong smelled perfumes, environmental pollution, or even it can be caused by cold, pneumonia, flu, etc. No matter what has caused cough, it becomes very uncomfortable for the human being to have a normal day.
What if there were remedies to cure cough just at the length of the arm in our homes? Yes, there are various things at our homes that are available commonly, that can help us to cure the cough and these remedies can be used even to prevent cough. Various home remedies that can be used to treat cough are shown below:
- Ginger: It is the most common ingredient that is found in every household. It has various antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that it is being used in various medications out of which cough is the one. Tea made with the use of ginger has various benefits. It soothes the throat of the individuals and also helps to reduce the irritation that is caused by cough.
- Water and salt: Saltwater also helps to reduce the cough. Gargling with warm water mixed with salt helps to reduce the irritation and also discomfort caused by whooping cough. Saltwater also helps to prevent the itchiness caused by the cough.
- Honey: It is yet another great ingredient to treat cough. It is also used as a substitute in many households. Honey also has anti-bacterial properties that help to create a layer in the throat and thereby reduces the irritation and itchiness caused by dry cough.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a plant that is also found in every household. It is also called “Mother of medicine”. The leaves of the Tulsi plant help to boost immunity so that it can fight cough and even cold. There are numerous Tulsi benefits for cough as it helps to produce antibodies that prevent the infection to grow. Tea made using Tulsi can also be consumed to cure cough and cold.
- Cinnamon (commonly known as Daalcheeni): Cinnamon is another ingredient that is found in every household. This spice is full of aroma and also has lots of health benefits one of which is curing cough. The cinnamon can be mixed with honey and then it can be consumed for treating cough and cold. It has antiviral properties which help to soothe the throat from infection.
- Turmeric (commonly called Haldi): Haldi is also present in every household. It contains ‘curcumin’ that has anti-inflammatory properties due to which can also be used to treat dry cough. Turmeric can be used as a spice as well as a capsule also. It can be consumed with black pepper in the beverage.
Therefore, it can be concluded that there are various remedies available at our homes that can be used to treat cough. The best remedy is Tulsi as there are numerous Tulsi benefits for the cough. An individual can use other ingredients also to reduce and prevent the cough.